Embury is offering 12 full bursaries worth R250 000 each on our Durban, Montana and Waterfall campuses to celebrate the opening of our new campuses (4 bursaries per campus). This bursary is only available to learners whose parents or guardians earn a combined monthly income of less than R20 000. The bursary will cover all tuition and textbook fees for four years, plus the cost of an electronic device in the first year. Recipients have to pass all modules every year in order to continue receiving the bursary.
Terms and conditions
1. In order to apply and qualify for a full bursary:
a. Applicants must intend studying full-time at one of Embury’s campuses towards a Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching or a Bachelor of Education in Intermediate Phase Teaching from 2018 to 2021.
b. Applicants’ parents or guardians may not earn a combined income of more than R20 000 a month.
c. Applicants who have already passed Grade 12 must have achieved at least 4 A symbols in Grade 12 (excluding Life Orientation). Only those who have passed Grade 12 in the last three years (2014, 2015 or 2016) qualify.
d. Applicants who are in Grade 12 in 2017 must have achieved at least 4 A symbols in Grade 11, and must subsequently achieve at least 4 A symbols in the 2017 final Grade 12 exams (excluding Life Orientation).
2. The bursary will include all tuition fees and textbooks, as well as a tablet-laptop device in 2018.
3. The bursary will be awarded from 2018 to 2021, provided that the winner continues to meet the requirements set out in points 14 a. to c. below.
4. The bursary does not apply to distance-learning students.
5. The bursary does not include accommodation, subsistence and travel costs.
6. The bursary only applies to South African citizens.
7. Applications for this bursary can only be made online on www.embury.ac.za.
8. Applications close at midnight on 30 November 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
9. Embury will compile a shortlist of candidates at its own discretion, based on the criteria in points 1 a. to d. above.
10. Shortlisted applicants must provide detailed evidence of their parents’ or guardians’ income, as well as proof of school marks.
11. All shortlisted applicants must be available to be interviewed and will have to write a formal essay on themselves and their future plans as teachers.
12. Successful applicants will be announced during January 2018.
13. Embury bursary holders will be considered Embury ambassadors and may be requested to appear in Embury’s promotional material.
14. In order to continue receiving any part of this bursary after Year 1, all bursary holders:
a. must pass all modules during their studies;
b. must have an exemplary disciplinary record; and
c. must meet the minimum class attendance and school-based teaching practice attendance requirements.